Monday, April 20, 2009

The History of Claiming Mim

My only daughter is the middle child of three. And, being smack dab between two brothers, she learned quickly to hold her own despite her petite stature.

She is now 22, and I credit her with being one of the more self motivated and self directed people that I know. I am tremendously proud of her for this, but it earned her the title as my "agenda" child. She was always up to something, and quite often her goals required assistance.

Around the time she was going to be entering middle school, whenever she wanted something from me, she would come and find me...
stand coyly at the doorway, and start with, "Mim?"

Always followed by some butter or sugar,... "Have you lost weight?"... "You look pretty today."...

To which I would laugh and respond, "ok Sam, what do you want?"



She finally did this often enough, that I told her when she has the children she claims she is never having (despite having chosen names Lily and Willow btw), I want to be called Mim instead of Grandma. I may be admitting to a bit of a dark side despite my love of the sun, but I like that Mim was Merlin's nemesis crush in Disney's "the Sword in the Stone".


No comments:

Post a Comment